Meeting Room Policies
Welcome to the Hales Corners Library’s meeting room policies.
Here is information about how to request use of the meeting rooms, description of the two meeting rooms and what equipment is available in each room. Please note the online room reservation system is not in use. The room use application form must be used.
The meeting rooms at the Hales Corners Library offer community groups, businesses, and individuals a common space for various functions. Here are some of the amenities:
- Free fast wireless service
- Convenient location and easy parking
- For people with special needs, there is easy access from the lower level parking lot to the Hunt Room
- Audiovisual system in the Hunt Room(refundable security deposit required): large screen, microphone(s) and sound system, projector (can accommodate most laptops), Apple TV, DVD player, music CD player, and hearing loop (works with hearing aids and cochlear transplants with telecoils)
- Kitchen facilities in the Hunt Room
1) Read through these policies. This should answer most of your questions.
2) Check the library’s online calendar to see if the date(s), time(s) you’re looking at are available.
3) Complete the paperwork: room use application form, room use fee, certificate of insurance or liability release form, and copy of the publicity you’ll be using. See below for more information.
Questions? Please call the Library’s Administrative Office (414-529-6150 ext. 20), Monday through Friday.
Room Use Application Form:
The room use application form is used for all requests to use the community meeting rooms.
- Click here for a copy of the room use form.
Types of Groups & Fees:
Each group or an individual is assigned a Classification and corresponding fee. Fee must be submitted with the room use form.
- Click here for list of groups and fees.
Questions about what type of group and fee? Please call the Library’s Administrative Office (414-529-6150 ext. 20), Monday through Friday.
Rooms are reserved for use based on Classification. First priority is for Class A – Exempt groups: library programs, tenants of the Hunt Center, and Village government.
Reservations for all other groups and purposes is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Start & End Times:
Board Room: Located within the library proper
Used only when Library is open
Activities may not disrupt library services and operations
Activities must end and the room vacated fifteen minutes before the library closes
W. Ben Hunt Room: Located on the lower level, with a separate entrance off the lower level parking lot.
Start time for activities determined by Library Director
Activities must end and the room vacated fifteen minutes before the library closes
Description of the Rooms & Equipment:
Each of the two meeting rooms has a limit to number of people, a standard set-up for furniture and different equipment.
- Click here for description of the two meeting rooms and equipment available in each room.
Questions about the rooms or the equipment? Please call the Library’s Administrative Office (414-529-6150 ext. 20), Monday through Friday.
- Application form can be printed here.
- Application form and other required material (e.g. fee for use of the meeting room, security deposit for use of audiovisual system, certificate of insurance, and publicity) must be returned to the library at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the scheduled meeting date.
- Meetings may be scheduled up to six months in advance.
- Groups of youth under 18 years of age must have the application form signed by a sponsoring adult (18 or older), and at least one adult for every 10 minors must be present during the entire meeting.
- If anyone is found to be misrepresenting themselves or their group, they may be denied future access to the meeting rooms upon determination of the Library Director.
- Applications will be considered confirmed once the written application has been approved by the Library Director.
- Any departure from the policy may be made only with written authorization of the Library Director.
Certificate of Insurance / Liability & Release Form:
- A certificate of insurance that includes the Hales Corners Library and the Village of Hales Corners is required; however, if the group is unable to provide a certificate of insurance, this will be noted on the application form and the contact person will be required to sign a liability and release form.
- Liability and release form can be printed here.
- The inability to provide a certificate of insurance will not prohibit the group from using the community meeting rooms. However, for some group activities, the library reserves the right to require a certificate of insurance.
- For a group that meets regularly at the library, these documents will be kept on file and the contact person will be asked to verify the accuracy of the information when application to use the room is made.
- All advertisements, announcements, press releases, signs, fliers, website postings or other promotional material relating to a meeting must clearly state the meeting is not sponsored by the Hales Corners Library. Copies of the aforementioned must be submitted to the Library Director for approval prior to distribution or release.
- All meetings will be publicly noticed at the Hales Corners Library. The contact person’s name, telephone number and email will be given to anyone who would like more information about the meeting or the organization.
- Governmental committees meeting in the Hunt Room or the Library Board Room may go into closed session as prescribed by Wisconsin State Statutes. These committees are responsible for posting their meeting notices as prescribed by law.
- Groups using the meeting rooms must agree to meet American with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and to provide requested accommodations for meetings or programs. The agreement to provide accommodations is to be included in the publicity or notices for each meeting or program.
- Sample Statement for Publicity:If you need an interpreter, materials in alternative formats or other accommodations to access this meeting or program, please contact (name of person/organization) at least one week in advance of program or meeting.
Cancellations / No Shows:
- Cancellations received by Library Director at least two weeks (14 days) before scheduled meeting: Refund shall be room use fee, less 20% administrative fee.
- Cancellations received with less than two weeks (14 days) notice shall result in loss of room use fee.
- Repeated cancellations or failure to keep appointments for meetings may be cause for denial of future meeting room requests as determined by the Library Director.
- Groups or organizations meeting on a regular basis (e.g. once a week or once a month) shall do so with the understanding that, in the event a library-related meeting or event is scheduled at the same time, the library will notify the contact person at least two weeks prior to the date.
- Any application may be rejected and previously granted approval withdrawn for violation of these rules at the discretion of the Library Director.
Use of Alcoholic Beverages:
- The sale, distribution, and consumption of alcoholic beverages on Library premises are prohibited without the prior approval of the Library Board.
Use of Facilities & Equipment:
- Furniture:The group may move tables and chairs as needed; provided the room is returned to the standard set up as posted over the room light switches. Library staff is not responsible for setting up or taking down furniture used in the meeting rooms.
- Kitchen (Hunt Room): Groups may use the kitchen facilities to serve potluck meals or to prepare light refreshments such as sandwiches, salads, etc. which involve no cooking, for serving in the Hunt Room only.
- The use of catering services must be approved in writing by the Library Director.
- All kitchen equipment and cooking utensils must be left clean and stored where they were found.
- All kitchen equipment, cooking utensils, supplies will be checked as part of closing. The contact person shall be notified regarding missing or broken items. The Library Director is authorized to charge for damages.
- Decorations, wall hangings, presentation materials or any other items may not be taped, stapled, or glued or in any other way fastened to walls, floors, ceilings, furniture or fixtures without prior approval of the Library Director.
- Audiovisual System: Requests for use of audiovisual system must be made at the time of applications. (A refundable security deposit of $100 is required for use.) One representative from the group shall be responsible for the use of the audiovisual system. This individual shall be trained by library staff on use of the system. No other individual with the group may use the system. Only library staff shall do the training. After arrangements for use of the audiovisual system have been made, library staff is not available to help or monitor use.
- Conduct: The library’s “Rules of Conduct Policy” apply to use of the meeting rooms. Use of the meeting rooms cannot be disruptive of the library’s programs and activities or the tenants of the building. Click here for a copy of the Library’s “Rules of Conduct Policy.”
- No advance deliveries can be accepted for meetings. Also, materials cannot be stored at the library before or after a meeting.
- Videos for private home use only may not be used for public showings.
- Responsibility for damages: The group is responsible for any damage to the building, furniture or equipment and any extra cleaning that is required.
- The library is not responsible for any equipment or items left in the meeting rooms.
For further information call the Library’s Administrative Office
(414-529-6150, ext. 20), Monday through Friday.