Friends of the Library
We always need more Friends.
Get involved — have fun and help your library!
A vibrant and active Friends of the Library supports with resources programs that meet the needs of diverse populations in a friendly, accessible and modern facility. Friends of the Hales Corners Public Library Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization, with an IRS ruling year of 1998, and donations are tax-deductible.
- “The Tastes of Hales Corners” wine & beer tasting
- Annual Used Book Sale
- Ice Cream Social at the Summer Reading Programs Kickoff Party
- Sale of Book Bags at the Library’s Check Out Desk
- Sale of snacks and sodas at the Summer Friday Flicks, Wednesday afternoon films, “No-School” films, and other family films during the school year
All funds raised support the Library’s Summer Programs and Reading Clubs.
Friends of the Library Projects and Support
Joining the Friends
The membership year is January 1 to December 31. Dues and contributions are tax-deductible. Membership forms are available at the library.
- $8 – Student (18 years or under) / Senior (60 years or over)
- $15 – Individual
- $25 – Family
- $50 – Patron / Business
- $100 or more – Sponsor
- Additional donations of any amount are gladly accepted.
- President – Martha Riel
- Vice President – vacant
- Treasurer – Jim Motz
- Secretary – Janet Kundinger
Board of Directors – Standing Committees:
- Homebound Service – Julie Berquist
- Membership – Marcia Marino
Ex officio positions:
- Library Director – Stephanie Lewin-Lane
- Library Board Liaison – vacant